Re: quota in ldap?

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Andrea Gabellini wrote:

> At 16.00 23/04/2004, you wrote:
> >Hello,
> >Using openldap 2.1.29/bdb 4.52/i386.

(...)
> >maps and classes also in LDAP). The question is whether I can with some
> >schema to keep disk quota in LDAP? If it's not possible, I'd like at least
(...)

> I made my own quota schema and wrote few row of perl to retrieve this
> information from LDAP and put it on the system quota.
>
> If you use the quota module from CPAN is very easy to do.

I probably could, but can You provide it? Do You mean disk quota or
mailquota? And how do You check quotas in system, by external scripts
executed by cron, or software made with this quota module works such some
kind of backend which takes settings from LDAP and put them into quota
file, doing regular additional checks of capacity/qty of files per
user/group? Please, share Your experience, if possible :)

Regards
Piotr