Re: Upgrade from 2.0.x: 2.1.x or 2.2.x?

--On Thursday, April 22, 2004 7:45 AM +0800 Canggung Mendonan <mendonan@absolute-p.ath.cx> wrote:

Dear list,

Sorry if this have been asked before (have tried searching archives). I've
been running OpenLDAP 2.0.27 as authentication server & address book since
2001, and it's been running fine. Been trying to perform the 2.0.x to
2.1.x upgrade but kept putting it off (fixing something that isn't broken
always gets to the bottom of the priority ;-) ).

Recently FreeBSD ports (the platform I'm using) begins to warn that the
2.0.x port will be removed in May, and recommend me to upgrade to 2.2.x.
That's saying to me 'upgrade now, everybody's upgraded already'. However,
the jump from 2.0.x to 2.2.x might be too far, and 2.2.x has no 'stable'
version yet. What do you recommend I upgrade to (considering my poor rate
of upgrading): to 2.1.x or 2.2.x?

2.2. The differences between 2.1 and 2.2 are minor when looking at the general operation, and 2.1 is nearing end of life. We are running 2.2 in production at this time.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer