Re: telephoneNumber Syntax...

ons, 21.04.2004 kl. 07.52 skrev Quanah Gibson-Mount:

> > I think the problems you might have had are related to the fact that 2.1
> > used IA5 match rules, while 2.2 uses octetString match; normalization
> > simply strips whitespace and '-'.  So all your problems with 2.1 probably
> > disappeared with 2.2.
>
> Not last I checked, but I haven't checked thoroughly lately.  Try putting
> an * in a phone number and let me know if it works.

OL 2.2.10: I just had a case where two vertical tabs snuk themselves
into an Evo (Ximian Evolution) telephone number and all Evo did was barf
in red in Norwegian about something incomprehensible (OT: Norwegians
make up the *stupidest* of translations for perfectly normal things,
just to have a home-grown word that they find "pretty"). Only because
I'd maneuvered an Xterminal tail of slapd.log behind the Evo input form
did I find out what was going on :)

--Tonni

--

mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl