[Date Prev][Date Next]
Convert from dbb to gdbm
- To: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: Convert from dbb to gdbm
- From: "Mavric Domen ITWEN5" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 09:27:04 +0200
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcQncrbLMgemWr0ORbGYCN1HVlt3/w==
- Thread-topic: Convert from dbb to gdbm
I was using LDBM database type till recently. Because of some compile and linking problems with BerkeleyDB 4.1.25, I switched to GDBM.
Now I'm stucked with *.dbb database files and no LDIF file. Is it possible somehow to convert dbb files to gdbm, since I couldn't find
ldbm2ldif (ldif2ldbm) tools in OpenLDAP 2.1.25 binaries. Are they still suported?
And the second question; what are advantages or disadvantages of gdbm in comparison to ldbm? Should I try a little more to solve my linking problems
and stay on Berkeley or it would be easier and painless simply to switch to gdbm.