[Date Prev][Date Next]
ldapsearch 2.2.10: getaddrinfo failed
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: ldapsearch 2.2.10: getaddrinfo failed
- From: "Nels Lindquist" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 12:20:41 -0600
- Content-description: Mail message body
- Organization: Morningstar Air Express Inc.
I'm trying to play with OpenLDAP v2.2.10 on my test server, but for
some reason ldapsearch won't work. I upgraded from 2.1.30, which
Every call to ldapsearch fails with "Can't contact LDAP server".
I ran "ldapsearch -d 1" and it looks like the name resolution is
> ldap_connect_to_host: TCP localhost:389
> ldap_connect_to_host: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known
This happens for any server I try and connect to, for both ldap://
and ldaps:// URIs.
If I specify the IP directly, ie. "ldapsearch -H ldap://127.0.0.1",
then it works perfectly (well, not ldaps:// of course, due to cert
There doesn't appear to be any problem with name resolution on the
box, and I explicitly added a couple of servers to /etc/hosts to see
if it made any difference, which it didn't.
Thanks very much!
Nels Lindquist <*>
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
Whatever is said in Latin, sounds profound.