adding access control for replication user

Hi I am new to ldap and am just using the default acl, where my config
file does not specify any acl's. This is working fine for me for postfix,
pureftp, cyrus etc

Now I want to allow a replication account ,ie I have a master and slave
and have created a new dn called replicator.

I have tried adding various types of rules to allow this account to update
the slave, but it seems to reset the default rules so that my other things
like webmail, postfix, cyrus no longer work as expected.

Can someone post an example of a default ruleset with alowing a replicator
account to update slaves.