Re: ldapsearch 2.0 vs. 2.1 against a netware LDAP server

fre, 16.04.2004 kl. 21.05 skrev Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom:

> I'm trying to figure out how to authenticate users against a Novell Netware
> 6.5 LDAP server (eDirectory 8.7.1).
> So far I'm just trying to query the server using ldapsearch.
> Using ldapsearch from openldap-2.1.26 (either on Debian or Gentoo); I can
> query the server and get a meaningful response (i.e. it returns a record).
> Using the exact same command with ldapsearch from openldap-2.0.27 (on redhat
> 7.3; or whitebox 3.0); it gives me an NDS error of 'no such entry'.

Much more than a year ago on this list, a 2.0.x user reported that
eDirectory wanted SSL for AUTH and that her 2.0.x couldn't use it. She
used stunnel and that worked. Maybe you have a similar problem? LDAP v3
is LDAP v3  and there shouldn't be any difference between 2.0 and 2.1 in
that respect.

Kattekots op de vloer
na de moeë thuiskomst,
weinig walg verwekt.