Re: AIX compilation libraries?

On Friday, April 16, 2004, at 09:38 AM, Tim Tyler wrote:
After compiling the latest stable version of openldap on AIX 5.1, I get the following error when I run one of the openldap binaries in /usr/local/bin:

Could not load program ldapadd:
Dependent module ../../libraries/libldap/.libs/libldap.a(libldap.so.2) could not be loaded.
Could not load module ../../libraries/libldap/.libs/libldap.a(libldap.so.2).
Error was: No such file or directory

These libraries ended up in /usr/local/lib which the binaries unfortunately do not look in. Is there a solution to this or will I be forced to use symbolic links to redirect to the libraries?

I avoid shared libraries with extra fervor on AIX, so I can't help much with that.

You can build static libraries though.  That works for me -
for client libraries, anyway, don't intend to use the slapd
server on AIX.

I append my build script for AIX 5.2.  Separate build directory,
MIT Kerberos (for Cyrus GSSAPI plugin, which then must be modified
to add interlocks if called in a multithreaded application.)

	Donn Cave, donn@u.washington.edu

src=...somewhere
CC=cc_r export CC
sasl=/usr/local/sasl2
sasllib='-lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lssl -lcrypto'
krb5=/usr/local/krb5
bdb=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2
ssl=/usr/local/openssl
LDFLAGS="-L$sasl/lib -L$krb5/lib -L$bdb/lib -L$ssl/lib $sasllib" export LDFLAGS
CPPFLAGS="-I$sasl/include -I$krb5/include -I$bdb/include -I$ssl/include" export CPPFLAGS
flags=' --prefix=/usr/local/openldap
--disable-shared --enable-static
--disable-ipv6
--enable-bdb
--enable-hdb
--with-cyrus_sasl=yes
--enable-spasswd
--disable-cleartext
--enable-monitor'

echo $src/configure $flags --srcdir=$src
exec $src/configure $flags --srcdir=$src