Re: Antwort: about back-perl [Virus checked]

--- Pierangelo Masarati <ando@sys-net.it> wrote:

> > If my understanding is right,  back-ldap is used
> when we want to connect
> > to a server which is an ldap server... My existing
> server is not an ldap
> > server....
> >
> > denis.havlik@t-mobile.at wrote:
> >

> >>I already have a server with a mysql-backend that
> >>keeps all the user credentials...
>
> Is this server with mysql-backend an openldap
> server with back-sql or anything else?  If this
> is the case, then you already have a (mostly)
> LDAPv3-compliant server.  If you need to proxy
> it, then back-ldap is the most appropriate
> solution.

Maybe I didn't explain it clearly in my previous
emails. The existing server to which I wish to connect
my openldap server is NOT an openldap server.

> Otherwise, please explain what you need.  If you
> need to publish SQL data in LDAPv3 form, I'd
> suggest back-sql instead of back-perl.

Hmm, the existing server does use mysql to store the
data, but openldap can't access the database (mysql)
directly. It has to talk through the API provided by
the existing server (again, this is not an openldap
server). So in this case, I don't think back-sql is
the right choice since openldap can't access the mysql
db directly like the way it works with bdb...am I
right ?
And anyway, back-sql is still experimental right ?

What's the advantages and disadvantages of using
back-perl in my case ?

- lara -

=====
La vie, voyez-vous, ca n'est jamais si bon ni si mauvais qu'on croit
                                                                        - Guy de Maupassant -