[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

Re: Antwort: MAC OS X clients and OpenLDAP [Virus checked]

Thanks for the reply.
The matter is it happens exactly after reboot and there is no chance to look into Netinfo database unless youäre logged in. And I think that any temp cache is empty after reboot, or?
According to the article below
" In summary, lookupd calls Open Directory when its local cache and NetInfo cannot find an answer. Whether Open Directory is called by lookupd or called by another application, Open Directory always searches its local NetInfo database first and then conducts other searches using whatever search technology it has been configured to use. Most of the time, that search technology is LDAP."
But I finally found that my OS X client never asks LDAP server right after reboot. But it does ask LDAP several minutes later...
Sorry for the possible off-topic... Looks like it is better to redicect it to some OS X list.
BTW I tried to configure DHCP explicitely via /etc/resolv.conf but it didn't help. My OS X client gets IP config from DHCP. LDAP config in Directory Access is manual.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 4:44 PM
Subject: Re: Antwort: MAC OS X clients and OpenLDAP [Virus checked]

To truly know that what ever changes you have made to your LDAP data
are in effect. You should go into the "netinfo" manager and clear your MCX
cache entries then reboot. OS X will look to these cache settings in it's local netinfo database
first before going out to the LDAP server. The MCX cache contains information on known computer list, computers, groups, and users.

Here is some info on Mac OS X client access.


On Wednesday, Apr 14, 2004, at 04:45 US/Pacific, denis.havlik@t-mobile.at wrote:

>I have a strange problem with MAC clients trying to authenticate via LDAP.
>After rebooting MAC it takes some several minutes for the client to be able
>to log in with username and password stored in LDAP.

I have 0 experience with Macs, but I've been trying to use "zeroconf" with Mandrake Linux some time ago, and run in a somewhat similar problem. I believe Macs use "zeroconf" type of DNS resolution per default.

Make sure your Macs actually use a real DNS server for name resolution, and see if the problem goes again.

Obviously I may be completely wrong on this, but it's easy to test...