Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: distributed directories [Virus checked]

>identity (please correct me if I'm wrong), so you don't need ACLs again,
>because the cache is used only if the SAME identity performs the SAME
>search asking the SAME attributes.

I see.

>I don't like too much this type of solutions, because they imply that the
>remote server with the configuration is up and running; moreover, what if
>there's an error in the remote configuration?  Instead of disabling just

>one server, you disable all simultaneously, and you can easily re-enable
>the one you have access to, but what if the other ones are set to a state
>that is unable to recover and sync again with the master configuration?

Then you can fully enjoy the day! ;-)

>In any case, if this type of solution is really necessary or advisable,
>it's worth thinking about it.

That's exactly what I'm doing right now - thinking about it, and trying to figure out what to do if/when I'll need to scale the system. Right now that's rather irrelevant, but I need to have a general idea of what can be done, because this may somewhat influence the way the system is set-up.

regards
        Denis