Re: ldap problem

hi
   i did used -b switch
ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com" -W -f
example.ldif

it produced following output
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <> with scope base
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: namingContexts
#

#
dn:
namingContexts: dc=linux,dc=lin

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1

but also gave error on ldap server

connection_get(10): got connid=1
connection_read(10): checking for input on id=1
ber_get_next
ber_get_next: tag 0x30 len 46 contents:
ber_get_next
ber_get_next on fd 10 failed errno=11 (Resource
temporarily unavailable)
do_bind
ber_scanf fmt ({imt) ber:
ber_scanf fmt (m}) ber:

Manish

--- Pierangelo Masarati <ando@sys-net.it> wrote:

> > hi
> >     now i did started from fresh.
> > i moved step by step as per the
> >
> http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin22/quickstart.html
> > but at one point i m getting
> >
> > do_bind: v3 anonymous bind
> > connection_get(10): got connid=1
> > connection_read(10): checking for input on id=1
> > ber_get_next
> > ber_get_next: tag 0x30 len 53 contents:
> > ber_get_next
> > ber_get_next on fd 10 failed errno=11 (Resource
> > temporarily unavailable)
> > do_search
> > ber_scanf fmt ({miiiib) ber:
> > <<< dnPrettyNormal: <>, <>
>
> That's an empty search base.  Provide one via -b;
> I can't believe quick start guide doesn't mention
> it.
>
> Make sure it matches at least the suffix of your
> database, before posting again.  Make sure there's
> something in your database before posting again.
>
> p.
>

> > Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!
> > Manish
> >
> > --- Pierangelo Masarati <ando@sys-net.it> wrote:
> >> You're obviously adding an entry with no parent,
> >> because you didn't add "dc=linux,dc=lin" first.
> >>
> >> One question: did you read the quick start guide,
> >> by chance?
> >>

> http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin22/quickstart.html
> >>
> >> Would you mind giving it a try?  You're making
> >> almost all the mistakes listed there, in almost
> >> the exact sequence.  This is likely to be a
> strong
> >> argument against those who dislike OpenLDAP's
> >> documentation. At least one piece is quite
> focused
> >> on the target.
> >>
> >> p.

> >> error,