RE: kadmin: kadm5_create_principa: ldap_add_s: Can't contact LDAP server

The other poster was mistaken. Since I wrote the LDAP Bind code that Heimdal
uses, I can answer definitively.

The fact that your slapd and your ldapsearch use different default paths for
an unqualified ldapi:// URL indicates that they are not linked against the
same installation of libldap. You'll need to recompile or relink Heimdal
and/or OpenLDAP to correct the situation, as the Heimdal code does not allow
you to reconfigure its LDAP URL at runtime.

  -- Howard Chu