RE: kadmin: kadm5_create_principa: ldap_add_s: Can't contact LDAP server

> The FIRST thing to do is to run ldapsearch with
> debugging enabled to see
> where it failed in the connection.
Thanks a LOT, Howard..
I turned debugging on, and in fact, the problem was
that ldapsearch was trying to find ldapi in the
following path: /usr/local/var/ldapi while my ldapi
was in /var/run/ldapi.

So, I fed on the path of ldapi:
[root@localhost libexec]# ldapsearch -H
'ldapi://%2fvar%2frun%2fldapi/' -x
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <> with scope sub
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 32 No such object

# numResponses: 1
[root@localhost libexec]#

I supposed this is correct, since the database in
empty...

However, I still get "Can't connect to server" when
trying to initialize a new REALM in Heimdal using
kadmin.

[root@localhost libexec]# kadmin -l
kadmin> init LARAS.COM
Realm max ticket life [unlimited]:
Realm max renewable ticket life [unlimited]:
kadmin: kadm5_create_principal: ldap_add_s: Can't
contact LDAP server

Do I need to set some paths here ?

- lara -

=====