[Date Prev][Date Next]
RE: ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown authentication method (86)
- To: "Quanah Gibson-Mount" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Openldap Ldap Server (E-mail)" <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: RE: ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown authentication method (86)
- From: "Ang, Melissa" <MAng@axsone.com>
- Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 15:58:38 -0400
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcQcEMCackDErzIqRzyF5u+nVrEl5wAABNPw
- Thread-topic: ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown authentication method (86)
the one installed on the machine where I'm querying from actually have a newer version of the openldap. but I don't think that should be the problem. Yes, I have installed:
(I don't need openssl so I haven't installed it)
I think I have configured it properly. is there a way to check if I have properly configured openldap to run with those software? I think on gcc the -v option list the configuration commands you have configured it with but I'm not sure if openldap has a counterpart.
How can I narrow it down? If its kerberos or sasl that isn't configured properly with the openldap?
From: Quanah Gibson-Mount [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 3:53 PM
To: Ang, Melissa; Openldap Ldap Server (E-mail)
Subject: RE: ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown authentication method
--On Tuesday, April 06, 2004 3:50 PM -0400 "Ang, Melissa" <MAng@axsone.com>
> sorry forgot to include everybody. :D
> to reiterate,
> i have installed cyrus sasl and openldap client but the ldapsearch
> command still results in
> unknown authentication method
> no mechanism available: No worthy mechs found
> anybody found this problem and solved it? please lemme know. thanks!
Well, really, there are a lot of pieces here...
So, do you have all of those things installed on the system you are making
the query from? Are they in the same locations as on the other server?
Principal Software Developer
GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html