Re: ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown authentication method (86)

--On Tuesday, April 06, 2004 3:02 PM -0400 "Ang, Melissa" <MAng@axsone.com> wrote:

Hello all,

I'm trying to run an openldap client which I have installed on a solaris
machine. But I get the following error when I use the command:

ldapsearch -Y GSSAPI -h host -b "" -Omaxssf=0 "objectclass=*"

ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown authentication method (86)
        additional info: SASL(-4): no mechanism available: No worthy
mechs found

The weird thing is that it works on the another machine with the same
command.

thank you in advance for any help.

Do you have SASL installed locally on the system you are running the query from?

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems ITSS/TSS/Infrastructure Operations Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html