Re: Data migration from one openLDAP server to another.

I copy the slapd.conf (making any adjustments for version differences by hand)
and the schemas to the new box (I diff the schemas with those already on the
new box just in case of version changes there, but I've never seen any so far)
and use a perl script that slapcats my master database (which is not used for
anything except adding records and feeding replicas), pushes the ldif over to
the new one, and slapadds it there.  In order for the script to work I have to
drop an ssh key into the new hosts's /root/.ssh/authorized_keys, but the script
also checks file and directory permissions etc. so it still saves me time.

I put local LDAP and DNS slave servers on all my multi-user hosts, to optimize
fault tolerance and use of bandwidth, so I do this fairly often.

--Charlie