Re: proxycache configuration

Dieter Kluenter <dieter@dkluenter.de> writes:

> Hi Tonni,
> Tony Earnshaw <tonye@billy.demon.nl> writes:
>> søn, 04.04.2004 kl. 21.22 skrev Dieter Kluenter:
> [...]
>> Thanks Dieter! Just one more question: I assume no two of your daemons
>> on the same host are using the same socket? (I'm an ldapi person too).
> yes that is correct. There is one socket at /usr/local/var/run/ldapi the other
> at /home/dieter/var/run/ldapi.

And to add, if one uses the right client tool, i.e. ldapsearch which
has been compiled with the prefix of slapd in question, one has not to
define a path to socket, because the default path is
{PREFIX}/var/run. So a ../bin/ldapsearch -H ldapi:// -b ..
will do.

Dieter Kluenter  | Systemberatung
Tel:040.64861967 | Fax: 040.64891521
mailto: dkluenter(at)dkluenter.de