Re: Cannot Index uniqueMember ( uniqueMemberMatch)

On Tuesday, March 30, 2004, at 08:41 AM, Gary Allen (ldap) wrote:
Please correct me if I'm wrong but:

I would guess (educated guess) that you cannot index on uniqueMember because it is a multi valued attribute. Whereas, uid and cn are only single valued attributes (only one uid and cn are allowed within an entry).

cn is actually not single-valued, nor is uid from what I can see.

The only explanation I can offer is that, in servers/slapd/schema_init.c, no
indexing function is provided for the uniqueMemberMatch equality syntax that
governs uniqueMember. No doubt that's why indexes are not supported, though
it doesn't go very far to explain whether they should be in principle.

	Donn Cave, donn@u.washington.edu
-----
I am trying to setup indexing for the attribute uniqueMember. I have added
the following line to my slapd.conf

index uniqueMember eq

When I start slapd in debug mode it get:

/usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 69: equality index of attribute
"uniqueMember" disallowed

I have tried 2.2.7, 2.2.8, 2.1.19. All three versions seem to have the same
problem.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

-dan
Daniel Wachdorf
drwachd@sandia.gov
Sandia National Laboratories
System Security Research and Integration