Multiple domains searchable

We are working on an e-mail solution for multiple domains, all contained in one LDAP server - multiple databases. We need the smtp server to be able to search for an e-mail address through all the domains in one query. I guess we need to only use one base for a search filter.
How should we build our tree then?
One idea I have is to create an additional object (dc=somecommonname) closest to root. Is the following a correct way?

[ROOT]
dc=somecommonname
|-dc=company1,dc=com,dc=somecommonname
|-dc=company2,dc=cz,dc=somecommonname

Is there any other solution for this problem?

Thanks

--
Lukas Kubin

phone: +420596398275
email: kubin@opf.slu.cz

Information centre
The School of Business Administration in Karvina
Silesian University in Opava
Czech Republic
http://www.opf.slu.cz