Re: Need SASL idiot-proof walkthrough

It is also well explained in my howto:

http://www.math.gatech.edu/~dijuremo/ldap/saslframes.html
http://www.math.gatech.edu/~dijuremo/ldap/openldapframes.html

Common mistakes for SASL GSSAPI:

-You need a principal called ldap/FQDN@YOURREALM.COM and a keytab for this
principal which must be in:
/etc/krb5.keytab or /etc/krb5/krb5.keytab or /etc/kerberos/krb5.keytab
depending on what OS you are using and how kerberos was compiled.

-Make sure you have a link from /usr/lib/sasl2 to wherever the sasl
libraries were installed (Mines are in /opt/local/lib/sasl2.

I have a full example of the sample-client and sample-server on my
webpage.

HTH,

Diego

Diego Julian Remolina