Re: How to confirm --enable-local

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 14:51, Dieter Kluenter wrote:
> My problem was, that only root could write to the socket ldapi,
> changing to mode 777 did it for me.
> I know that phpldapadmin-0.92 + is able to connect via ldapi socket.

Thanks, but I saw that mentioned before, maybe it was you, and tried it
to no avail. Like I posted after this message you responded to, I get
'ldapi://%2fvar%2frun%2fopenldap%2fldapi/'. This means it is working on
the local Unix domain socket, correct?

Also, I have the statement in my slapd.conf to allow write over the
socket, but this is what I get:

esmtp# ldapadd -f test.ldif -H
'ldapi://%2fvar%2frun%2fopenldap%2fldapi/'
adding new entry "ou=Test,dc=webtent,dc=net"
ldapadd: update failed: ou=Test,dc=webtent,dc=net
ldap_add: Strong(er) authentication required (8)
        additional info: modifications require authentication

I trimmed down my slapd.conf file with only this access statement:

access to *
        by sockurl="^ldapi:///$" write

--
Robert