Re: problem with acl and wildcard

> Hello all
>
> I have a problem writing acl
>
> I want all the users to have write access to entries implementing any
> objectclass prefixed by a given string
>

> So I wrote these acls :
>
> access to *
>     by self write
>     by anonymous auth
>
> access to filter="(objectClass=prefix*)"
>     by users write

the objectClass attributeType does not support substring match.
Note that this should not be viewed as a limitation or poor design of the
objectClass attributeType, because filtering objectClasses that way would
be inherently flawed.  If you want to do something like that in a
consistent manner, you need to derive your objectClasses from a common
ancestor, and filter by that common ancestor, i.e. the objectClass'
superior.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati