Re: LDAP Utilities and LDAP URI

fre, 19.03.2004 kl. 11.56 skrev ms419@freezone.co.uk:

> Am I correct in understanding that "ldapsearch" (and associated
> utilites) don't understand an LDAP URI which includes the search base?

Where in the docs ('man ldapsearch', 'man ldap.conf', etc.) does it say
that this is possible?

> Or am I using it wrong? Or am I just being silly ...

Certainly using it wrong. You're making up things you'd like it to be ;)
There is a difference between a URI and a URL.

> I tried using:
>
> ldapsearch -H ldap://localhost/dc=lat
>
> But "ldapsearch" performed a search without the base "dc=lat" ...

That's what the docs say it's supposed to do.

--Tonni

--

mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl