Re: Problem with ldapsearch and TLS

Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to get ldapseach to work over TLS. I tried to use
TLS_REQCERT never
in /etc/ldap.conf to circumvent the problem of self-signed certificate, but then I get this (ldapsearch -d 9 -Z):

ber_scanf fmt ([v]) ber:
ldap_msgfree
ldap_interactive_sasl_bind_s: server supports: GSSAPI PLAIN LOGIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5
ldap_int_sasl_bind: GSSAPI PLAIN LOGIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5
SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
ldap_perror
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Local error (82)
additional info: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Miscellaneous failure (No credentials cache found)

It looks like it's trying to use Kerberos authentication, which is not available. Is there a way to force ldapsearch to use TLS authentication?

Thanks,
Simon

P.S. I know that the right way to do it is to sign certificates properly, but I'd like to figure out what happens with TLS_REQCERT never.

Use the -x option with ldapsearch - no SASL Use the -ZZ option to force TLS. This should all work with self-signed certs.

Note the gotcha: ldapsearch (and other openldap *clients*) make use of /etc/openldap/ldap.conf by default. /etc/ldap.conf is used by the PADL libraries.

Dave -- Dave Lewney Principal Systems Programmer, IT Services University of Sussex, Brighton BN1 9QJ. Tel: 01273 678354 Fax: 01273 271956