Re: LDAP_ERROR:0x44

tir, 16.03.2004 kl. 00.37 skrev Bruno Filipe Marques:

> Is there any chance to have, for instance, two or more LDAP entries with the
> same name ?
[...]
> dn:nnmNodeName=preguica,hpovcn=NodesNet,hpovcn=Topology,hpovcn=NNM,nmcn=HPOpenView,dc=xe4500
> nnmNodeName: preguica.net
> nnmNetIPAddress: 192.168.109.1
> objectClass: nnmNodesNet
> objectClass: top
>
> dn:nnmNodeName=,hpovcn=NodesNet,hpovcn=Topology,hpovcn=NNM,nmcn=HPOpenView,dc=xe4500
> nnmNodeName: preguica.net
> nnmNetIPAddress: 192.168.109.2
> objectClass: nnmNodesNet

> It is possible to achieve this situation ?
> case affirmative how can i manage to ?

The second example doesn't have an nnmNodeName rDN. Fix that.

It's not the first (or any subsequent) rDN that counts, it's the
uniqueness of the complete DN. Think of DNS (Domain Name Service)
addresses. I'm sure there are machines called billy spread all over the
Internet, but there's only one billy.demon.nl.

--Tonni

--

mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl