Re: LDAPI documentation (was Re: Graphical LDAP clients with SASL support)

On Thursday 11 March 2004 15:42, Adam Williams wrote:
> >performing both administrator and regular user binds
> >to my server right now.  I can certainly see myself
> >using other mechanisms in the future if they were
> >available, but I've tried every single GUI LDAP client
> >that I can find (GQ, JXplorer, and probably 5 or 6
> >others whose names don't come to mind right now), and
> >none of them support it.
>
> GQ supports GSSAPI.  Use it every day.

Would you mind sharing the details of your setup (both server and client)?
I tried it with 0.6 and with 1.0Beta1 and it most definitely did not work
for me.  When I asked about it on their mailing list, I was told that the
author(s) knew they did not have SASL functioning in GQ and had no plans
to add that functionality whatsoever.  Somebody on their list gave me
this pointer:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=6350592

so if you're really using GQ with SASL/GSSAPI, I'd really like to learn
the details of your implementation.

Thanks for your reply.

--
-Kevin