RE: Adding Schemas

What we really need to clearly point out somewhere
(in the home page, in red, blinking?) is that the
fact that SASL can store passwords in the database,
or use pam, via pam-ldap, to auth people against
an LDAP server, doesn't mean one needs to have the
whole loop set up.  This mech is the (evil) result
of so many layers, tools, stuff being all enabled
to talk to eachother bidirectionally.  It was done
to offer as much flexibility as possible to system
administrators and identity management designers,
but simple solutions, if possible, must be chosen
first.

The possibility to store sasl creds in an LDAP
is for those that have a CREDENTIALS server that
is accessed solely by SASL, and other servers that
auth via SASL to implement centralized identity
management.

If one has only one server and plans to store creds
in the server, most of the loop can be avoided.

I'm sure i forgot something, and more involved
IM designers can explain it better than me;
however, I think this is something that should
be clear from the beginning.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati