Re: Problem with ACL and regex

> Hi Pierangelo
>
> I think you should really turn it into an FAQ, ACLS are poorly
> explained in the openldap documentation.

this is a critic we often get; note that what I did was
apply the rules described in slapd.access(5); of course,
you need to understand that document before you can
produce correct (and efficient) ACLs.

I strongly believe this is a field where working
by examples is a poor way of working, because you
cannot infer the subtleties of ACLs from an example.

And remember that ACLs are the key to the security
of a DS.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati