Re: attrs=x val.regex=y ACL

the regular expression you entered equates to this.
the word maps, and 0 or more ':'s
what you want is this
val.regex="^maps:.+"

which says you want to start with "maps:" with at least one
"anycharacter"(.) following it.

Try that and see if it works.. Also be sure to check the log with
loglevel 255.. (slapd -d 255)

--
Edward Rudd <eddie@omegaware.com>
Website http://outoforder.cc/