Re: Integration: MIT Kerberos V and OpenLDAP with SASL/GSSAPI

Kevin <openldap@gnosys.biz> writes:

> Hi All-
> I'm trying to integrate the subject software and having difficulty
> with the part that seems most mysterious to me:
> getting slapd to say, "Oh, a user is trying to do initial kerberos
> authentication through me...
> For any of you that might already be doing this, how do you establish
> the connection between LDAP and the authentication server?

Your main source of information should be

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin21/ or

why don't you just use a sasl mechanism like gssapi and write
apropriate sasl-regexp  in your slapd.conf?

ldapsearch -Y GSSAPI -H ldap://my.host ... works fine for me.

Dieter Kluenter  | Systemberatung
Tel:040.64861967 | Fax: 040.64891521
mailto: dkluenter(at)dkluenter.de