Re: attribute type "2.5.18.1" is operational

Searching the archives didn't work, but searching google did find it (in the archives!).

What it was trying to tell me was that "make install" doesn't overwrite the schemas in /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema. I had to overwrite them by hand (which I hope was OK). After doing that I had one line to remove from my slapd.conf disallowing anonymous binds and it started fine.

Now to test my Smalltalk OpenLDAP client to see if everything is still working...

Thomas Gagné wrote:

I just built 2.1.25 and installed it over 2.0.27. When I start slapd I get:

   [root@tgagne libexec]# ./slapd
   /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema: line 29: attribute type
   "2.5.18.1" is operational

What is it trying to tell me?