LDAP Netgroups

Hello All,

I'm wondering if anyone here has ever experienced performance problems when using netgroups through LDAP? When I say "performance problems" I mean NFS performance..

For instance, we have a Linux (RH9) box exporting home directories. It uses netgroups to manage permissions (I upgraded the nss_ldap to 207 so netgroups work correctly).

However, we are experiencing problems where a user who mounts their home directory from this server will have intermittent hanging problems. in fact, the whole session just stops..

One of the other admins here suggested it could be a result of the netgroups.. I find that hard to believe, but wanted to rule it out..

Any takes on this?

Thanks,
Matt Riedel