Re: syslog broken?, was Re: OL 2.2.6 - build problem ...

Tony Earnshaw writes:
> --enable-bdb is obviously understood.
>
> --with-bdb-module=dynamic - instead --enable-dynamic

Ah, but they aren't the same thing.

You'll only hit this bug if you try to compile with dynamic backends.

As for the syslog problem, I found the culprit. The Statslog macro is
defined in the file servers/slapd/slap.h, but the sorrounding tests
are:

  #if defined(LDAP_SYSLOG) && defined(LDAP_DEBUG)
  #elif defined(LDAP_DEBUG)
  #else
  #endif

I configured with '--disable-debug' and got a null Statslog
macro. There should also be a test (and macro definition) for

  #elif defined(LDAP_SYSLOG)

I'll open an ITS.

> > > Curiouser and curiouser.
> >
> > Nice Alice quote :-)
>
> Indeed :) CD is another of my heroes. Without him, I'd never have begun
> on IT at all. I was doing well enough in  the building world: bricks,
> concrete and all ;)

Well, in this case if you haven't read it yet, I recommend ``The
Annotated Alice'', edited by Martin Gardner. His notes are very
interesting.

Regards,

--
Adriano