Simple Authentication for development use

I would like to use OpenLDAP for development on my local system and have no need for security. I would like to just add/delete/modify entries without worring about Kerbose or SASL authentication. Is there a way to set this up? I have spent two days trying to figure out how to make SASL work, but I did not need it for what I am doing.

Andy Hale

Error when attemting to add entry:

[root@erbium openldap-2.1.25]# ldapadd -x -f Nesso.ldif
adding new entry "cn=andy.hale,dc=metnet,dc=navy,dc=mil"
ldapadd: update failed: cn=andy.hale,dc=metnet,dc=navy,dc=mil
ldap_add: Strong(er) authentication required (8)
      additional info: modifications require authentication

Error trying to modify without simple auth specified:

[root@erbium openldap-2.1.25]# ldapadd -W -f sample.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Local error (82)
additional info: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Miscellaneous failure (No credentials cache found)

--
Andy Hale - CSC
Fleet Numerical Meteorology and Oceanography Center (FNMOC)