RE: Replication: BerkeleyDB's vs. OpenLDAP's

Correct. OpenLDAP uses the LDAP protocol for replication, it does not rely on
anything else.

> The reason I ask is Sleepycat seems to have released a patch related to
> replication in BerkeleyDB 4.2.52 (Jan 30), and I was wondering if it would
> have any impact on using OpenLDAP.

Frequently the problem in the patch description is not the only problem that
is affected by their patch. However, if you haven't encountered any locking
problems yet, you probably don't need this patch.

  -- Howard Chu