RE: using ldap ssh, proftpd and apache.

Symas' Unix LDAP gateway has attributes for Login/FTP privilege but in
general this is something that each application defines on its own. Apache
has a variety of authorization engines; ssh has its own authorization
mechanism as well. Whether they can pull their authorization data out of LDAP
is somewhat of an open question; last I checked sshd only uses local config
files.

This question has nothing specific to do with OpenLDAP software. I don't
think it really belongs on the ldap@umich.edu list either, more appropriately
it should be raised on support forums for each of the software packages you
intend to use.

  -- Howard Chu