From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Micah
Anderson
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 1:15 AM
To: OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Appropriate slapd.conf dbcachesize size?

>From what I've been able to find from reading mailing list archives,
the FAQ and searching online (and of course reading man pages), the
slapd.conf parameter cachesize should be set according to how many
entries you have (since I've got about 7,000 I set it to 10,000 to
allow for growth).

However, I haven't been able to figure out what the dbcachesize
parameter should be based on. I've read that it should be the size of
your .db files, but does this mean that it should be the size of all
of my .bdb files on disk added together?

Thanks for any help, and if there is some documentation I am missing,
please point me to it!

micah