Adding and objectClass to an existing entry

	I need to add an object class to an existing person's ldap entry.  I'm
using OpenLDAP 2.0.23 and have and ldif file like this:

dn: uid=jo,dc=mydomain,dc=net
changetype: modify
add: objectClass
objectClass: inetOrgPerson

	This format works just fine for adding regular attributes such as
givenname, etc.  When I use it to try and add the objectClass I get this:

ldapmodify -x -W -f modifypersonobjectclass.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
modifying entry "uid=jo,dc=mydomain,dc=net"
ldap_modify: Invalid syntax
        additional info: objectClass: value #0 invalid per syntax
ldif_record() = 21

How do you add an objectClass to an existing entry?

Thanks,

Jason Joines