Re: "limits" command

--On Wednesday, February 18, 2004 7:59 AM +0100 "J.J. van Gorkum" <job@knowzone.org> wrote:

Quanah,

how high is your backload (cn=Threads,cn=Monitor) at that moment?, I've
seen this on message on a postfix-ldap enabled system doing 80
Queries/sec to a LDAP server... with a constant backload >1

Hi JJ,

In doing more testing, I see that it is definitely the threads exceeding the 8MB limit that is noted in the man pages... At least my search finishes most the time. :) Further experimentation with the limits command led me to find that it wasn't affecting any of this, as the syntax I was using is not currently supported except in HEAD.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems ITSS/TSS/Infrastructure Operations Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html