[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Segmantation fault while using slapadd
- To: "Armbrust, Daniel C." <Armbrust.Daniel@mayo.edu>
- Subject: Re: Segmantation fault while using slapadd
- From: ariel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:31:57 +0200
- Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- In-reply-to: <818623B5FD23D51193200002B32C076110E946C3@excsrv44.mayo.edu>
- Organization: Mailvision
- References: <818623B5FD23D51193200002B32C076110E946C3@excsrv44.mayo.edu>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031013 Thunderbird/0.3
I had to used the command "ldapsearch" in the following format:
/usr/bin/ldapsearch -x -LLL -D "$binddn" -w
$password -b "$base" "*" > $file
and the result I get I am using with "slapadd" and it seems to work.
offcourse this is not the ideal solution (it is an ugly hack) but I
could not find a better solution.
Armbrust, Daniel C. wrote:
Take a look at my messages within the last week - this sounds like the same exact problem I was having.
I tracked it down to either a bug in slapcat that is putting in odd line returns, or out-of-order ldap entries.
We ended up writing a utility to sort the input. Hopefully with you reporting the same issues, it will get more attention... They seem to be dismissing my reports as malformed ldif rather than a bug...
All the details are in threads on ldap user and ldap bugs.
From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of ariel
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 1:12 PM
Subject: Segmantation fault while using slapadd
Dear list members ,
I am importing a huge database from ldap 2.0.x ldbm to 2.1.25 bdb. The
import schema is the following:
1. Export old database using slapcat to an ldif file
2. make changes using external software to the ldif file (adding
3. import to the new ldap server (2.1.25) the ldif file using slapadd
The import works o.k. for a while without any problems and after a while
it fails with the error Segmentation fault !!
I even run it in a verbose mode and it did not show any errors just
confirmed adding objects and than suddenly it falls with a
Segmentation fault !
I also tried it on a different computer but it continues to fall with
the same error (at different locations of the process)
It produces a core dump which I can provide upon request.
thanks in advance for your kind help.