Re: idletimeout causing failed logins

--On Monday, February 16, 2004 3:15 PM -0600 Micah Anderson <micah@riseup.net> wrote:

I recently changed my slapd.conf so that it had idletimeout 30 in it
and restarted slapd. Watching my courier IMAP logs, I found that every
three minutes there would be tons of login failures. Slapd never died,
and I found that if I tried to use IMAP to authenticate during one of
these lapses I would fail also. Removing idletimeout 30 from
slapd.conf and restarting made this behavior go away.

This is very strange to me.

Micah,

That sounds both odd and troubling. The idletimeout 30 is supposed to simply close connections that haven't been doing anything for 30+ seconds.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems ITSS/TSS/Infrastructure Operations Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html