RE: Simple Paging in OpenLdap 2.2.5

Yes, Ive already tried using the booster pack. It hasnt worked so far.

My code asks for a page result control cookie after iterating thorugh the
previous NamingEnumeration, but when I try and use the PageResultsControl
created with the cookie I get:

"[LDAP: error code 53 - paged results cookie is invalid or old]"

Which obviously causes an Exception.

The loop is below if you want to have a look...

....some code
int itemCounter = pageSize;

//keep calling for pages while the last page had pageSize items in it
while (itemCounter >= pageSize)
{
	itemCounter = 0;
	naming = ctx.list(searchBase);
	while (naming.hasMore())
	{
		itemCounter += 1;
		Object obj = naming.next();
		System.out.println(obj.toString());
	}

	//if there are more results to come..
	if (itemCounter >= pageSize)
	{
		// PagedResultsResponseControl contains the server cookie.
		Control[] responseControls = ctx.getResponseControls();

		// examining responseControls for a PagedResultsResponseControl
		for (int i = 0; i < responseControls.length; i++)
		{
			if (responseControls[i] instanceof PagedResultsResponseControl)
			{
				// create a new request control with the cookie
				// from the server's response.

				prc = new PagedResultsControl(pageSize,
					((PagedResultsResponseControl)responseControls[i]).getCookie(), true);
				ctx.setRequestControls(new Control[] { prc });
			}
		}
	}
}
..code

I've also found that when you do this:

InitialLdapContext ctx = new InitialLdapContext(hashtable, requestControls);

I get an exception (Exception- LDAP error code12 critical extension not
supported).
BUT! when I do its exact equivilent:

InitialLdapContext ctx = new InitialLdapContext(hashtable, null);
ctx.setRequestControls(reqCtls);

No Exception is thrown and I can at least get Page 1.

Whats going on???

Jon