RE: slapcat question

So you used slapindex, but the subject of this email is slapcat. ???

> So that raises a question:
> How often should slapindex be run, to maintain a well
> performing database?

For older versions of back-ldbm, where index corruption was a frequent
occurrence, running slapindex might help. You never specified which backend
you're using.

Usually you only need to run slapindex after changing the indexing
configuration in slapd.conf. When slapd is running, the backends already
maintain whatever indexes were listed in slapd.conf at startup time. If
slapd.conf doesn't change, you never need to run slapindex.

> Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Check your BDB cache settings.

  -- Howard Chu