RE: alias crossing database

I didn't put a referral in the alias.
In database 1 (suffix ou=thisbase,dc=example,dc=com)
I have an entry:

dn: cn=aliasentry,ou=here,ou=thisbase,dc=example,dc=com
objectClass: alias
objectClass: extensibleObject
cn: aliasentry
aliasedObjectName: cn=target,ou=there,ou=otherbase,dc=example,dc=com

Database 2 has suffix ou=otherbase,dc=example,dc=com

This alias does not work, althoug the target object exists.