[Date Prev][Date Next]
ldap_simple_bind_s (null) vs "" for password
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: ldap_simple_bind_s (null) vs "" for password
- From: Siva Kollipara <siva@CS.Arizona.EDU>
- Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 02:44:09 -0700 (MST)
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <Pine.GSO.4.58.0401231443540.3379@lectura.CS.Arizona.EDU> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.GSO.4.58.0401301407520.17120@lectura.CS.Arizona.EDU> <email@example.com> <Pine.GSO.4.58.0401301533150.9160@lectura.CS.Arizona.EDU> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I have a question relating to ldap_simple_bind_s. This issue comes up
when I try with an 2003 Active Directory, but I am using OpenLDAP API to
talk to this server.
a brief sequence of steps:
1) ldap_simple_bind_s (correct dn, correct password)
3) ldap_simple_bind_s (correct dn, "") *
4) ldap_simple_bind_s (correct dn, incorrect password) **
5) ldap_simple_bind_s (correct dn, 0) ***
3) * - succeeds!!
4) ** - fails as expected.
5) *** - succeeds!!
I tried the same with slapd, but as expected 3,4,5 fail.
I am confused as to why 3 succeeds, sladp doesnt allow (dn with no
password), maybe Ad2003 allows this, but no password is (null) or 0 as in
5, but how does 3 succeed..?
with 3,5 if i try to do any other operation in 6 like ldap_search_s it
fails with the following message:
LdapErr: DSID-0C0905FF, comment: In order to perform this operation a
successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, vece
Any suggestions as to how i can correct this ?