Re: Too many candidates on ldapsearch

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Tuesday, February 03, 2004 9:29 AM -0500 Marc-Andre Gaudreau <Marc-Andre.Gaudreau@USherbrooke.ca> wrote:

Hi Quanah,

Actually, the filter in your example would also work here. Like I said I
did not find a non-working example with the "cn" attribute. If your
directory maintains the "givenName" and "sn" attributes, it would be
interresting to see if something like
"(&(givenName=gibson)(cn=brown)(objectclass=posixaccount))" works (that
is assuming there is a "gibson-gibson brown" but NO "gibson brown" in
your directory).

Hi Marc,

We normalize almost all of our attributes, so I'll have to set up a special case to test this...

On another note, do you have different indexing types for cn,sn,gn? (like eq,sub for one, and just eq for another)?

No, I have pres, eq, sub for all three.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount