Question about importing userPKCS12, userSMIMECertificate

I am testing importing and exporting user certificates with OpenLDAP 2.2.5 and have some questions.

1. When importing userPKCS12 and userSMIMECertificate, I can't use format like:
userPKCS12;binary: < file:///to the file
userSMIMECertificate;binary:< file:///to the file

    It gave error message like this:

ldap_add: Undefined attribute type (17)
additional info: userPKCS12;binary: option "binary" not supported with type

However, userPKCS12:< file:///to the file and userSMIMECertificate:< file:///to the file worked.
According to the schma, inetorgperson, these two attributes require binary for uploading.

    Did I do anything wrong?

2. When exporting userPKCS12 and userSMIMECertificate from CLI, how do I get binary value instead of Base64 value so I can pipe
into a file? Or do I have to convert using openssl from Base64 to pkcs12?

Simon Gao