Re: Windows SDK LDAP APIs..

Hi,

Here is a piece of code that works at home :

ULONG rc;

CString szServer = _T("10.10.9.3");
CString szBindDN = _T("uid=francois,ou=people,ou=test,dc=domain,dc=local");
CString szBindPwd = _T("francois");

   // init
   LDAP * ld = ldap_sslinit((LPTSTR)(LPCTSTR)szServer,LDAP_PORT,0);

   // ldapv3
   int version = LDAP_VERSION3;
   rc = ldap_set_option(ld, LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION, &version);

// bind
rc = ldap_simple_bind_s(ld, (LPTSTR)(LPCTSTR)szBindDN, (LPTSTR)(LPCTSTR)szBindPwd);

I use sslinit with '0' as the last argument, which means it will not use ssl

François

sanjay a écrit :

Hi François,

So My problem is when i'm trying to connect to the LDAP server using
ldap_open ( ) APIs i'm able to connect to the server, where as if i'm trying
to connect, using ldap_init ( ) APIs and after that ldap_connect ( ) APIs my
application is crashing .. why is it so ??

actually bydefault the ldap_init ( ) creates a ldap object for LDAP v2 but i
have to connect to the LDAP v3 so i'm trying to use ldap_init ( ) and then i
will change the version to V3 and then i will connect to the LDAP server ..

Please tell me how can i connect to the LDAP server V3 using Windows SDK
APIs..

Regards,
Sanjay