Purely LDAP-based Automounts

Hello!

I've got my OpenLDAP Server readily set up on RedHat9 now.  It's OpenLDAP 2.0.27-8.
What I'm now trying to achieve is purely LDAP-based automounting of user's home directories.

I don't want to use /etc/auto.master at all, so i set the automounter to "ldap" in /etc/nsswitch.conf:
####
automount:  ldap
####
auto.master has been renamed to be totally sure of this.

I'm trying to export the following directory, as you will see in my LDIF files:
/etc/exports:
####
/exports/home 193.171.81.0/24(rw,no_root_squash,sync)
####

Manually mounting the directories within /exports/home succeeds.

So, the hairy part seem to be the LDIF files / the data within the directory database. I tried to
test this on my testserver with a user called "testuser" and with user root, using autofs 3.1.7-36.

LDIF Data:
####
dn: ou=auto.master,o=ait,c=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: automountMap
ou: auto.master
####

####
dn: cn=/home,ou=auto.master,o=ait,c=com
objectClass: automount
cn: /home
automountInformation: ldap 193.171.81.222:ou=auto.home,o=ait,c=com
####

####
dn: ou=auto.home,o=ait,c=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: automountMap
ou: auto.home
####

####
dn: cn=test,ou=auto.home,o=ait,c=com
objectClass: automount
cn: test
automountInformation: -fstype=nfs,hard,intr,nodev 193.171.81.222:/exports/home/testuser
####

As you can see, "o=ait,c=com" is the base DN. 193.171.81.222 is the IP of my OpenLDAP
and NFS server.

When i run "service autofs status" on my client, i can see a directory "/home" being configured
for automounting, nothing else, but this isn't what i intended. I want autofs to automount
the directory "test" within "/home" of course ("/home/test" being the homedir of "testuser").

Cannot find my error although i searched the web intensively for two days. Any help is
appreciated, thanks in advance.

MfG,
Michael Lackner
--
Montanuniversität Leoben
Institut für angewandte Mathematik und Geometrie